Physical therapy is a treatment that covers a wide range of injuries and illnesses that affect individuals of all ages and conditions and can make daily tasks difficult. The simplest definition of physical therapy (PT) is that it is care that aims to ease pain and help the individual move, function, and live better.
Physical therapy here at Compassion Massage Therapeutics is designed to:
- Relieve pain
- Improve movement or ability
- Prevent or recover from a sports injury
- Prevent disability or surgery
- Regain or improve functionality after a stroke, accident, injury, or surgery
- Improve balance
- Manage a chronic illness
- Recover from birthing
- Adapt to an artificial limb
- Learn to use assistive devices like a walker or cane
Physical therapy is commonly used to treat conditions such as soft tissue injuries, chronic pain, and postural disorders. It’s also used to regain range of motion from motor vehicle accidents, sports injuries, and occupation-related overuse injuries. Our physical therapy program will help identify the source of pain or limitation and educate you about your impairment or injury. We’ll then create the best treatment plan and have you feeling your best again.
Your physical therapy treatment plan may include:
- Comprehensive evaluation, and Identification of your injury
- A guided therapeutic exercise plan to regain strength and stability
- Decrease chronic and acute pain
- Restoring muscle function and balance
- Give you control of your recovery
A customized physical therapy program at Compassion Massage Therapeutics can help you or someone you love, return to their prior level of functioning. It will encourage activities and lifestyle changes that can help prevent further injury and improve overall health and well-being.